Sigma Bravo, a KBRWyle Business is a specialist provider of ICT services focused specifically on military operations and information management. Sigma Bravo has an unparalleled reputation with our Clients for delivering quality systems and services in military aviation mission planning environments, operational support, training, software development, systems implementation and capability realisation.
The Systems Engineer Role
The Software Engineer will be working on cutting edge technology for the deployment of secure government systems in support of Defence. We are looking for two positions, based in Canberra and Brisbane.
The primary purpose of this position is to support the integration of Mission Systems, required for both current and future Australian Defence Force capabilities.
The Software Engineer will deploy, security accredit and certify as part of an overall Planning & Network environment and Joint Mission Planning System (JMPS) environments. As part of a pro-active, hands-on technical team, you will be responsible for engineering activities and product configuration.
These activities encompass:
- Development, management and maintenance of systems configuration for MPS laptops, installing, configuring and deploying software.
- Effective integration and support in a logical and controlled manner to ensure all mission systems are working and meet the operational needs of users
- Support on Defence strategic networks and meet assigned task within Project deliverables.
- Both internal and external stakeholders to Sigma Bravo, require periodic face to face briefings, so you will be comfortable in your ability to communicate verbally to technical and non-technical people.
- Requirements elicitation and definition
- Involvement in testing including development of test plans and procedures
- Development of certification and safety documentation
What you bring to the position
- Engineering experience in the design and implementation of Defence systems and / or communication networks or similar complex electronic systems.
- Knowledge of Military Command and Control or Defence Aviation environments
- Knowledge of Systems Engineering, System Safety and Software Certification processes
- Knowledge of Configuration Control processes
- Knowledge of Software Development Lifecycles such as Agile
- Ability to gain/maintain Australian Security Clearance (Secret)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A willingness to learn, grow and be your best
- Strong interpersonal Skills, including:
- A cooperative team based focus
- Experience in liaising between Project Manager’s, Business Analyst’s, end users and testers
- A strategic approach to solving complex problems
Due to the nature of Sigma Bravo’s work, all applicants must have the ability to obtain a minimum of NV1 Security Clearance (usually only granted to Australian Citizens).
For further information please contact Sally Gurney on 02 6173 0705 or via email at email@example.com
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you.
Note: As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) is applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org