Sigma Bravo, a KBRWyle Business, is a leader in Defence Mission Planning System development and integration. Sigma Bravo uniquely couple’s aviation mission planning environments, operational and engineering support, training, agile software development, and systems implementation, enhancing current Defence capabilities while designing the future military Mission Planning Environments.
The Software Developer Role
We are currently looking for a highly driven Software Developer to join an agile development team working on technology for the deployment of secure systems in support of Defence. You will be responsible for the full stack of software development activities for database design and software support, undertake informal requirements analysis in support of application development and provide support and training to military Defence users of the developed application.
Due to the nature of Sigma Bravo’s work, all applicants must have the ability to obtain a minimum of NV1 Security Clearance (usually only granted to Australian Citizens).
To be successful in this role you will need the following essential skills:
- Object-Oriented software development experience using C#
- C# WPF Experience (highly desirable)
- Development experience with C++, WIX, and /or Java (desirable)
- Database development experience using SQL Server
- Unit testing experience
- Experience in software development environments using Agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum)
- Experience is software development using Microsoft Team Foundation Service (highly desirable)
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, to technical and non-technical personnel
- Strong analytical skills with a methodical team focused approach
- Previous Defence experience in Joint Mission Planning System (desirable)
Our people are what makes Sigma Bravo a great company. Our composite teams create agile solutions to promptly resolve complex problems. The teams are assembled to provide the right mix of skills to get the job done.
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you.
Contact Sally Gurney on 02 6173 0705 to find out more or just to have a chat!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org