About Sigma Bravo
Our people are what makes Sigma Bravo the company it is. Our diverse team create innovative solutions that solve the most complex customer problems. We pride ourselves in the selection of quality team members and the retention of them. To work at Sigma Bravo you must share our core values that are the foundation of our company culture.
Aircrew, Engineers, Software Developers, Project Managers, our people are the best in the business. They have the professional skills and wealth of experience needed to optimise solutions to meet and exceed expectation. We are a specialist provider of ICT systems integration services focused specifically on Defence aviation operations and information management. We are the subject matter experts in this space. We have a wealth of knowledge and experience providing specialist support to our valued clients. Our passion is our strong and valued work with Mission Planning Systems, providing operational support, training, software development, systems implementation and capability realisation. Sigma Bravo has an unparalleled reputation for working in partnership with clients, and always delivering beyond expectation.
Combined, our composite teams provide agile solutions to promptly resolve complex problems. These teams are assembled to provide the right mix of skills to get the job done. Their job is to simplify, not complicate.
About the Role
Sigma Bravo has been tasked by the Defence Joint Command, Control, Computers, Communications and Intelligence System Support Office (JC4ISPO) with managing the introduction of the Joint Mission Planning System (JMPS) as a replacement for the Portable Flight Planning System (PFPS) across defence computer networks and stand-alone mission planning computers. This introduction will cover multiple versions of JMPS as an interim step to achieving the goal of a common ADF mission planning system.
The JMPS Implementation Engineer will work as part of our team to achieve the required airworthiness certification of JMPS software and its associated specialist modules. The variety of uses of JMPS will present many technical certification challenges ranging from helicopters, to transport aircraft to fast jets.
What you bring to the position
- Knowledge of RAAF Software Certification
- Knowledge of Air Force weaponeering
- Ability to gain/maintain Australian Security Clearance (Secret)
- Knowledge of JMPS
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A willingness to learn, grow and be your best
- Strong interpersonal Skills, including:
- A cooperative team based focus
- Experience in liaising between PM’s, BA’s, end users and testers
- A strategic approach to solving complex problems
So, if you’re looking for new challenges, want to learn from like-minded professionals and grow your career – ‘Think Sigma Bravo’.
Why Sigma Bravo?
We are a proud professional services company at the forefront of Australian Defence. Sigma Bravo is committed to supporting the professional development of employees at every stage of their career through in-house training, personnel development programs and structured career paths.
Due to the nature of Sigma Bravo’s work, all applicants must have the ability to obtain a minimum NV1 Security Clearance (granted to Australian Citizens Only).
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you. APPLY to forward an up-to-date CV.
Our ValuesOur values define how we conduct ourselves and how we do business.
Deliver Beyond Expectation
- Good enough is not enough. We don’t just settle for meeting requirements, we strive to deliver beyond expectation. Whether it is dealing with a client or another team member, we go the extra mile to impress.
- We set the standards that others try to replicate.
Committed to Quality
- Quality is key. Pride only comes from a commitment to quality outcomes. Our reputation is paramount and built on a passion for quality.
- Our computer based training, field service support and software development are all examples of our quality.
- We stand behind everything we produce.
- Creative thinking and creative ideas that have the potential to fundamentally improve operations.
- We consider new technologies, industry directions and workflow to formulate innovative and practical solution.
- We work with you to optimise your business.
Flexible and Adaptive
- The benefit of a smaller company is our ability to be flexible and adaptive to meet the needs of our clients and take advantage of emerging technology.
- You don't always know what you want. We appreciate that, and provide you with an agile environment to refine your ideas.
- We focus on fit for purpose.
- We pride ourselves with our open lines of communication. We aren’t a large company with unnecessary bureaucracy.
- There are no hidden agendas. We believe in transparency throughout the organisation. We focus on getting you what you ask for.
- We are friendly and approachable.
- We work smart and understand the importance of family. For us, this is both internal and external. We consider Sigma Bravo a family and we look after one another accordingly.
- We aim for a positive experience in all activities for company personnel and clients.
- We believe honesty and respect are key to any family.