Sigma Bravo is a specialist ICT services provider focused specifically on military operations, aviation mission planning software and information management. We maintain an unparalleled reputation for working in partnership with our clients to integrate, support and inform Australian Defence Force operations. Sigma Bravo provides support throughout Australia, proactively working to enhance operational capabilities.
We are currently expanding our capabilities and seek a Senior Engineering Manager, with experience in ICT Software Development and Integration in and Defence regulatory environments, to be part of our highly motivated and dynamic Canberra based team.
You will be responsible for the implementation and maintenance of our engineering management systems, inclusive of engineering analysis, design, configuration and change management. The role includes hands-on project work and management of client deliverables. We are after a well-rounded Senior Engineering Manager who is able to manage and develop our team members and of dedicated technical specialists. You will work closely with the Senior Engineering Software Manager Executive Management Team to deliver high quality products and services and promote our company core values both within and external to the organisation.
• Implementation and maintenance of internal engineering management systems
• Management of minor projects and software and systems engineering tasks
• Management and development of specialist team members
• Technical support and review/approval of technical documentation and software products
• Review the risk and system safety assessments performed by the various project teams
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
• Experience working in Software projects
• Experience working with Defence or Civil technical regulatory frameworks
• Knowledge of Systems and Software Engineering and standards — EIA-632 or ISO 15288 and ISO/IEEE12207 or MIL-STD- 498 or DO-178/DO-278)
• Strong focus on quality and attention to detail
• Experience in producing plans, procedures, risk assessments, reports and presentations
• Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical team members
• Must be on Australian citizen capable of obtaining a Security clearance of SECRET (NVl)
• 4 Year Engineering degree and 10-15 years of related experience
Due to the nature of Sigma Bravo's work, all applicants must have the ability to obtain a minimum of NV1 Security Clearance (usually only granted to Australian Citizens).
Sigma Bravo employees include: Aircrew, Engineers, Software Developers, Project Managers, Software Testers and are the best in the business. Our composite teams utilise agile development to resolve complex problems and produce exceptional products. The teams are assembled to provide the right mix of skills to get the job done. Our task is to simplify, not complicate.
This is a great opportunity to be port of a growing company committed to delivering beyond expectation.
Expression of Interest